Holy Angels

No public posts in this group. You must login and become a member in order to post messages, and view any private posts.
-A A +A
Diocese of Pittsburgh Shield

Mass Schedule:

Saturday Vigil: 4:30, 6:00 p.m.

Sunday: 6:30, 8:00, 9:15, 10:30 a.m.; 12:00 noon; 5:30 p.m.

Weekdays: M-F 7:00, 9:00 a.m.; Sat. 8:00 a.m.


First Friday: After morning Masses

Saturday: 5:15-5:45 p.m.

1st F after morning Masses

Javascript is required to view this map.

Administrative Center:

408 Baldwin Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15207
Phone: 412-461-6906
Fax: 412-461-0961

Religious Education:

408 Baldwin Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15207
Phone: 412-461-8500


Rev. Robert J. Ahlin, Pastor
Deacon Daniel E. Nizan

Additional Information:

Parish ID:


Open Date:


Neighborhoods Served:


Parish History

Holy Angels was established in 1903.  Before the parish was formed, the area was part of Holy Cross parish in the South Side, although some local Catholics chose to travel to St. Mary Magdalene for Mass.  In 1902, the pastor of Holy Cross held a meeting in Hays to make plans for a new parish.  The plans for the parish were submitted to the bishop who approved them.  On October 24, 1902, a house was purchased to serve as a rectory with sufficient land for the building of a church.  On January 11, 1903, the first Mass in the parish was celebrated in the rectory.  On April 9, 1903, the first pastor of the new parish was appointed.

That spring work began on the church.  The church was dedicated on October 25, 1903.  The church originally had a wooden foundation.  By 1918, the building was noticeably sinking.  The church was raised and the foundation was replaced and a hall constructed beneath the building.  The interior of the church was completely renovated in 1945, including the installation of a new altar.  Stained glass windows were added in 1947. 

In the late 1960's the parish considered building a new church.  After studying the pros and cons of a new church, the parish decided in 1970 against new construction.  Instead, the existing church was repaired and renovated.  Over the next few years, the church was completely renovated including replacement of the pews, enlarging the Sacristy and adding new stations of the cross.

The church that was built in 1903 as a temporary structure, still stands and serves the parish today.

Photos From the Diocesan Archive:

Holy Angels Church, 2002

File Attachments:

Holy Angels Parish Map.pdf126.39 KB