Holy Family, Creighton

No public posts in this group. You must login and become a member in order to post messages, and view any private posts.
-A A +A
Diocese of Pittsburgh Shield

Mass Schedule:

Saturday Vigil: 5:30 p.m.

Sunday: 9:00 a.m.

Weekdays: T/Th 8:00 a.m.


After 5:30 p.m. Mass

Javascript is required to view this map.

Administrative Center:

787 Freeport Rd
Creighton, PA 15030
Phone: 724-224-1626
Fax: 724-224-0609

Religious Education:

787 Freeport Rd
Creighton , PA 15030
Phone: 724-224-1626


Rev. Thomas L. Gillespie, MD, Pastor

Additional Information:

Parish ID:


Open Date:


Neighborhoods Served:


Parish History

Holy Family parish was founded in 1949.  The beginning of the parish can be traced back to 1942, when a group of local Catholics began exploring the possibility of building a local church.  Working closely with the pastor of St. Clement parish, Tarentum, the group received permission from the diocese to collect money for a Mission Chapel in July 1944.  Sufficient funds were collected in July to enable the purchase of a barn on Crawford Run Road.  After extensive renovation, the Mission Chapel was opened on December 24, 1947.

Until 1949, the unnamed chapel continued to be a mission of St. Clement.  This era of the parish ended on March 26, 1949, when the new parish of Holy Family was officially established.  During the 1950's, additional renovations were made to the building.  However, by the end of the decade, it became obvious that a larger structure was needed.  On July 10, 1960, ground breaking for a new church took place.  The cornerstone of the new church was laid on January 8, 1961.  The last Mass in the old church was celebrated on March 29, 1961 and on July 8, 1961, the new church was dedicated.

Photos From the Diocesan Archive:

First Church, 1950
Current church, 1974
Altar of current church, 1974

File Attachments:

Holy Family Parish Map, Creighton.pdf99.59 KB