Nativity of Our Lord, North Side

No public posts in this group. You must login and become a member in order to post messages, and view any private posts.
-A A +A

Additional Information:

Open Date:


Close Date:


This parish is presently located at:

Neighborhoods Served:

North Side

Parish History

Nativity parish was organized in 1916 to meet the needs of the growing Catholic community of the North Side.  The new congregation purchased the former Mt. Zion Lutheran Church on January 13, 1916.  After making the necessary repairs and renovations, the church was dedicated on May 7, 1916. 

As the congregation grew, the church soon proved inadequate.  On June 10, 1925, ground was broken for a new combined church and school building.  The cornerstone was laid on September 27, 1925 and the building was dedicated on April 18, 1926.  The first two floors were dedicated for the school and the top floor held the church.  The old church was retained and used as an activities hall.  This building was torn down in the 1950's to make room for a new school and activities building.

As the growth of population in the North Side at the beginning of the century led to the creation of the parish, the loss of population at the end of the century led to its suppression.  In 1993, Nativity was merged with Annunciation parish to form the new Incarnation of the Lord parish.  Nativity Church remains open and serves the new parish.

Photos From the Diocesan Archive:

Nativity Church, 2001
Interior of church, 2001

File Attachments: