Our Lady of Grace

No public posts in this group. You must login and become a member in order to post messages, and view any private posts.
-A A +A
Our Lady of Grace

Mass Schedule:

Saturday Vigil: 6:00 p.m.

Sunday: 8:00, 9:30, 11:30 a.m.

Weekdays: M-F 6:45, 9:00 a.m.; Sat. 9:00 a.m.


Saturday: 12:00 noon - 1:00 p.m.

Javascript is required to view this map.

Religious Education:

1730 Bower Hill Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15243
Phone: 412-276-0277

School: Our Lady of Grace:

1734 Bower Hill Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15243
Phone: 412-279-6611
Fax: 412-279-6755

Administrative Center:

310 Kane Blvd.
Pittsburgh, PA 15243
Phone: 412-279-7070
Fax: 412-279-2385


Rev. Richard A. Infante, Pastor
Deacon Lawrence R. Sutton, PhD

Additional Information:

Parish ID:


Open Date:


Neighborhoods Served:

Scott Township

Parish History

Our Lady of Grace was established in June of 1947 in response to the growing population in the South Hills.  At the time the parish was formed, St. John Capistran mission church was assigned to the parish.  Until the new parish could build a church, it used the St. John Capistran Church building for services.  Land for the new church was not purchased until September 20, 1948.  Ground for a temporary church was broken on August 14, 1949, and the completed building was dedicated on June 18, 1950.  This new church was only temporary.  The first floor consisted of the church, which was designed so that it could later be converted to four classrooms.  The basement of the building served as the parish social hall.

In 1954 a second floor was added to the building to serve as the first four grades of a school.  The cornerstone of the building was laid on February 21, 1954, and the building was blessed on August 22, 1954.  In September of 1956, an eight room wing was added to the building.  Six more classrooms were added in 1958.

On January 7, 1962, ground was broken for the permanent church.  The cornerstone was laid on November 4, 1962, and the completed church was dedicated on June 12, 1963.  The old church facilities were converted to classrooms.  Stations of the Cross were added in 1964 and the stained glass windows installed in 1966.

Photos From the Diocesan Archive:

Our Lady of Grace Church, 2002
Interior of church, 2002

File Attachments:

Our Lady of Grace Parish Map.pdf112.79 KB