Our Lady of Lourdes

No public posts in this group. You must login and become a member in order to post messages, and view any private posts.
-A A +A
Our Lady of Lourdes

Mass Schedule:

Saturday Vigil: 5:00 p.m.

Sunday: 9:00, 11:30 a.m.

Weekdays: M/W/Th 8:30 a.m.; Friday Communion service only; 8:30 a.m.
T 6:00 Holy Days: Announced


Saturday: 11:00 a.m.

Javascript is required to view this map.

Administrative Center:

1109 Main St
Burgettstown, PA 15201
Phone: 724-947-3363
Fax: 724-947-9348

Religious Education:

1111 Main St
Burgettstown, PA 15021
Phone: 724-947-5076


Rev. George J. Moneck, MEd Pastor

Additional Information:

Parish ID:


Open Date:


Neighborhoods Served:


Parish History

Our Lady of Lourdes was founded in 1916.  The origin of the parish can be traced to the rise of the coal industry beginning in 1910.  As the mines opened, the population expanded.  At first local Catholics had to travel to either St. Alphonsus in McDonald or to Steubenville, Ohio to attend Mass.  In 1915, the Catholic community in Burgettstown sent a petition to the bishop asking that a parish be established.  On July 15, 1915 an assistant to the pastor was sent to St. Alphonsus with instructions to organize a parish in Burgettstown.  From July 1915 to May 1916, this priest traveled to Burgettstown once a week to celebrate Mass.  In May 1916, the parish was formally established.

For the first two years of its existence, the parish used rented commercial facilities to celebrate Mass.  On May 5, 1918, the cornerstone for a combined church and school was laid.  On December 8, 1918, the basement church was dedicated.  In 1924, the upper two floors of the building were completed for use as a school.  However, the school did not open until September 1942.

In December 1955, ground was broken for a new church.  This church was dedicated on February 11, 1957.  The old combined church and school building remained in use as a school until 2006, but continues to serve as a Religious Education Center. Both buildings continue to serve the congregation today.

Photos From the Diocesan Archive:

Combination church and school building, 1933
Our Lady of Lourdes Church, 2002

File Attachments:

Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Map.pdf150.37 KB